Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flat rope twist ponytail, and the resulting twist out

Oh my, it has been awhile. We have been so busy, blogging has absolutely been taking a backseat to life. But we are still here, and we are still doing hair. :)

I wanted to share with you all the hairstyle The Princess has been rockin' all week. Of course, I am me, so I didn't manage to take pictures of the original style until we were in transistioning mode but I hope you can get the idea anyway:


These are flat rope twists into a ponytail with rope twists. This was my first attempt trying these on The Princess's hair, and we are definitely going to be doing a lot more of these. I like these twists because they held nearly as well as braids (and a whole lot better than regular flat twists) but I didn't feel like they were as harsh on The Princess's super fine, thin, hair. When I took these pictures, the twists had been in her hair for 4 days, and her sleeping cap had fallen off EVERY night. (I have got to find a better one. Any recommendations?) Her hair was slightly frizzy, but I've learned to live with a little bit of frizz. On day 4, I untwisted the ponytails, and she rocked her twist out ponies for a day:




Then I took it all down, for a beautiful twist-out:

Yes, her hair is really that shiny. I have found a new product that I am in the process of writing a review on. I did not add product to The Princess's hair at all for the 5 days it was in this style, and this twist out even held up pretty well on a rainy day. I'm excited. :)


Now, if you have not yet attempted a rope twist, or a flat rope twist; I encourage you to do so. I have done them on all 3 of my girls, and it is a great protective style that holds us nicely and doesn't stress the hair too much. I could try to explain how to do them, but I think it would just be easier to direct you to the video that I learned from. Rory over at Chocolate Hair, Vanilla Care is the queen of rope twists, and she makes it so easy to follow along and learn. Check out this video to see how its done.


Ally has also been in flat rope twists all week; hopefully I will be able to post about her twist out tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...