- Li'l Bit had her Kindergarten Orientation. I cried. In just 2 short months, I will bring my baby to school for the first time. This will be my last first day of school. :(
- The Princess had her first dance recital. I cried. She takes tap and ballet, and the song she danced to for her ballet number was "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. Perfect song for crying.
- Ally just left with my sister to vacay in Illinois with family for a week and a half. This is the longest she has been away from me. Guess what? I cried. She will return on the first, then leave again on the fifth for a family reunion in North Carolina. That girl is a traveling Diva. (I've been doing a lot of crying. All happy tears though.)
- I've started 2 new jobs. Both part time, but together, full time. So between juggling 2 jobs, swim lessons, gymnastics, camp, Ally's volunteering with the Special Olympics and her clubs, we will be some busy folks this summer. That means lots of protective styles over this way. :)
- I have started experimenting with making my own hair products. There are several reasons for this, and I will hopefully be doing a complete post on this soon. The main reasons, however, is that I have been increasingly aware of the chemicals I am exposing my family to, and I have come to the conclusion that nature provides us with most (if not all) of what we need. Soon I'll be sharing recipes, fails and successes, with you all. As busy as our summer is going to be, I anticipate it being less busy than the past couple of months. So I will be posting more. (I miss blogging so, and I really miss reading all of the blogs that I subscribe to...I just miss my whole Internet family.)
Here are some sneak previews of some of the hair stories I will elaborate on soon, in case you missed these faces. Enjoy, and thanks for all of the inquiries. :)