|Y'all know Venus. Lol, she was just getting some love. :)|
|Eight cornrows become four large braids.|
Here is what it looks like up close:
|The merging of two braids into one. This doesn't have to look perfect for this style, its all going into a bun anyways. :)|
Then I combined those 4 braids into a big 4 strand flat braid:
And thats it! Ally will sleep on her satin cap, and we will moisturize her scalp and braids as needed (daily or every other day) with Shea Moisture's Organic Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixer.
Here is a breakdown of the products I used:
- Selsun Blue shampoo(Ally has crazy dandruff as of late. I think her eczema has spread to her scalp. She has an appt coming up with her dermatologist, I will keep you all updated)
- Herbal Essense's Hello Hydration Conditioner (Completely rinsed out)
- My moisturizing spritz (distilled water with some of melted coconut oil and a wee bit of the Hello Hydration mixed in) Isprayed this liberally on her hair, all over, while it was still wet.
- Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie On each piece of hair that I sectioned, before I cornrowed.
- Kinky Curly's Curling Custard on top of the SM Smoothie, to provide extra hold and help seal that moisture in.
Thats all for now, I hope everyone enjoys their Sundays!