Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Princess's 3 strand twists with product: Organic coconut & habiscus curl and style milk by Shea Moisture

Last week, our new Shea Moisture products were delivered and this is the first time I have gotten to use the Curl milk on The Princess's hair. This is not a review, I will do that later after I have used the product a few times on her hair. I just wanted to share her new 'do. :)


Because The Princess's hair is so thin and straight, most of her moisturizing has to be done during the washing process. So before we wash, I part her hair into sections and slather it in Olive Oil, put it in some loose braids and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then I wash it with David Babaii for WildAid shampoo (sulfate free) and condition it with Herbal Essense's Hello Hydration conditioner. After rinsing her hair, I applied hair milk by Shea Moisture and let it dry. Her hair is most manageable once dry, when it has lots of body and is a little bit thicker. Once it dried, I parted it into sections and applied Organic Lock and Twist Gel to each section as I banded and twisted . I wish her hair would stay twisted without bands and barettes, but it won't.  


I like the way it turned out, and more importantly, The Princess LOVES it! My plan is to have her sleep on her satin pillowcase nightly, and leave this style in now (Saturday) through Wednesday before school. I am hoping to have a really nice 3 strand twist out waiting for us on Wednesday morning. We will see what happens, and I will post pictures either way. :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute, simple style! I have the
    is product, too but haven't really found a way it'll work for us. I have only used it as a leave in and it was ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...