Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spotlight on Small Businesses: Sue Shanahan Studio





For our new Spotlight on Small Business, I am spotlighting Sue Shanahan Studio. 


Sue Shanahan - art from the heart


Art has the power to move, define, suggest, encourage, and enlighten. An exceptional artist is capable of capturing the essence of their subjects and the message of their work with the stroke of a brush, the line of a poem, or the chord of a song. Sue Shanahan and her work really fit that bill for me. Here are some of my favorite pieces from Sue Shanahan's Etsy shop:
Every Child Is Like A Flower 8x10 PrintDancers In White 8x10 PrintThere's Magic In The Air 8x10 Print
A Little Consideration 8x10 Print
The Path Is Lighted As I Go  8x10 Print



Sue says about one of her paintings, " I wanted to show that we were all made different and that's how we're meant to be. I would even go so far as to say that when God created us, he delighted in our differences and considered them a very special gift." 

Those same ideals are depicted in every single painting that Sue does, and I am not the only one that thinks so.  Sue's portrait of Chelsea Clinton was hung in the former first lady's private study. Hillary Rodham Clinton wrote a letter to Sue to thank her for the art, writing that the painting "Captures her spirit!"

Oprah Winfrey had Sue as a guest on her famous "Favorite Things' show after purchasing a portrait of herself from the artist for her own private collection. In a letter to the artist she wrote; "Thank you so much for the portrait 'You've Always Had the Power,' I can't tell you how much I love it!" 

Sue continues to spread her messages of love, acceptance and inner beauty with illustrations, books, and, most recently, an Ipad app that was just released in October of this year entitled, "I Love You To The Moon And Back." (How many times have we all said that to our children? What a PERFECT title for a bedtime story!) She has also made a beautiful i-movie of her art played to the song "Wonder" by Natalie Merchant:


A meaningful message makes any art all the more beautiful, and that statement is definitely true about the work done over at Sue Shanahan Studios. I hope you will all take a minute to indulge in all of the loveliness that is to be seen over at Sue Shanahan Studio's Etsy shop, and stop by her Facebook page and show her some love. 

From a mommy perspective, I love that all of the paintings over at Shanahan Studios are just so adorable! And regardless of who you are trying to appeal to, no matter who's room your painting is going in, you are bound to find an appropriate piece of art to fill that space and make that special someone very happy. :) 

Also, there are gorgeous Christmas cards over at sueshanahan.com available for purchase. This is also Sue's original artwork, and all of the proceeds from the sale go directly to the Tim Fix scholarship fund. 

Please join me in supporting small businesses this holiday season. Shopping small makes a BIG difference. 


**Note: I have not purchased or reviewed any products from Sue Shanahan Studio or its affiliates. I was not paid for this review, I wrote it because I liked what I saw and wanted to share it with my readers.All of the pictures were borrowed from Sue Shanahan Studio; I own nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...