Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ally's fauxhawk

Isn't it funny how you can do the same style 50 times, and it will come out looking 43 different ways? Maybe its just me because I freestyle just about everything, but this is especially true when it comes to Ally's favorite style....the faux hawk.


So, here is how I got this style:

 I started on freshly washed, detangled and conditioned hair, after a protein treatment. First, I parted her hair from ear to ear
Next, I began corn braiding the parted portion of her hair and securing them with rubber bands.




Then I parted the remaining hair down the middle.


And I free styled the braids toward the center.


The finished result: Check out that shine! No, that is not just the flash..the protein treatment really did her hair a world of good.


And my tween was not being very cooperative today. Since I didn't want to post a bunch of pictures of her with her faced scrunched up and tongue out, this is the best we got. But she didn't mind taking a picture with her little sister (the dog)



5 comments:

  1. her hair looks so healthy :) Cute braids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! GREAT braids too!!! Love this!!!!

    Beautiful baby too!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty!!! What protein treatment did you do? She has a beautiful face and her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Amanda. I used a homemade mixture of 2 eggs, a quarter cup of olive oil, and 2 yeaspoons of lemon juice. I left it on for 25 minutes, rinsed it with cold water, then washed as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...