Ok, so they are not the best pictures of me, but this is one of the best braid outs my hair has ever seen. Here is how I achieved this look:
- I started with dry hair that had been ponytailed (yes, I ponytail WAY too much) for about 3 days. I parted my hair into sections and sprayed each section with a spray bottle filled with water and Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration conditioner.
- To each section, I applied a LOT (So much, in fact, that I thought it would be too much) of the Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
- I braided. I think it is important to note that I made all of my parts on an angle so the parts would be less obvious when I removed the braids.
- The braids stayed in my hair overnight, and until about halfway through the next day, when Li'l Bit was napping and I finally had the time to remove them. :)
- Before removing them, I rubbed some olive oil in my hands so my dry hands would not eat up all of the moisture in my hair. I manipulated my hair as little as possible (Actually, not at all.) After removing the braids. My hair is super prone to frizz, so I thought it best to leave it alone and let the hair lay wherever it fell. This turned out to be the best thing I have ever done for a braid out; all of the other braid outs I have ever attempted frizzed up immediately, and I think the reason may be that I touched it too much.
Thanks for looking. :)