Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lunchbox Tuesdays

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday, The Princess got her 1st report card of this school year, and excuse me if I brag, but I am one proud momma! 3 A's and 2 B's. Normally, I would not be so excited over B's, but The Princess has a learning delay, so this is this is an incredible report card for her, and I am absolutely over the moon. She works so hard just to understand what comes easily to most everyone else, and her perseverance and hard work inspire me to always try harder and reach further.

For today's lunch, I made The Princess an "I Love You" Bento.


This lunch contains:
  • Heart-shaped ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, with heart shaped cheese on top. :)(Protein, grain, check! Check!)
  • Raspberries with mini chocolate chips stuffed inside. (Fruit, check!)
  • Tomaters. I was trying to keep the red theme going, and the only red veggie I had was red bell peppers, and The Princess won't eat raw pepper. So today there are 2  fruits, and no veggie.
  • Cupcake (Because what's a celebration without cupcakes?)
  • Strawberry yogurt. (Dairy, Check!)
  • Bottle of Water.
And of course there was a 'mommy' note hidden inside. The Princess loved her lunch today, she showed the note to all of her friends.

And for this week's tip on how to make lunch healthier and more enjoyable:
Use colors. Do themes, 'colors of the day', rainbows, (oohh! I just gave myself another cool idea for a lunch!) whatever you can think of to add color to your child's lunchbox. Why?! Because kids love bright colors, and veggies are colorful! Maybe your child will eat that cauliflower if EVERYTHING else in his lunchbox is white that day, and it is more of a game. Try it, I dare you!

I hope you all enjoyed looking at The Princess's lunchbox today. Remember, we are always looking for more inspiration for cool lunches, so if you made your child a super cool lunch that you would like to share with us, send me an email with pictures and a description to differentkindsofcurls@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to "The Princess," and to you... as a teacher, I know that it's also the handwork and support of the parents that can make all the difference! I like the chocolate chips in the raspberries... what a fun "surprise," treat... I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Princess for those awesome grades! Ummm, I'm taking classes too and I'm making A's...can I get a lunch like that tomorrow, it looks sooooo good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...