Friday, September 16, 2011

My failed , and revised, attempt at 3 strand twists on Li'l Bit's hair

I decided to be a li'l bit creative with Li'l Bit's hair. After cowashing, conditioning, and corn braiding the front half of her head, I did my best attempt at unbanded two strand twists...and failed. Then I tried unbanded three strand twists.....they came out a little bit better, but it was still nothing I would send my baby out in public with. So I randomly banded the back of her head, did the three strand twists, attached barrettes, laced some ribbon through her braids, and here it is!








I just realized that the pictures are not the best quality, we are inside and I do not have the best camera. I will try to take some more tomorrow when we are out and about.  We are going to see The Lion King in 3D!!!! I am super uber excited about this, The Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time. Is anyone else planning on seeing this in theater? It is only going to be playing for 2 weeks, so hurry! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the Lion King...cannot wait to see it in 3D!!! And your 3 strand twists look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have no problems with thre strand twists, as long as they are banded at the top. I so desperately want to be able to do any kind of twists on my girls' hair without banding the top though. THeir hair just unravels immediately. Any advice on how to stop that from happening? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was brave enough to try they ribbon braided in the hair!. We plan to see the Lion King on Sunday for Lea's BDAY on Sunday! She is really excited!

    --O yeah can you email me too babybellahair@gmail.com...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the ribbons laced in her hair. I'm gonna have to practice those three strand twists for when my daughter's hair is long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a good gel or holding cream at the base when I do twists without rubber band, normally I use Kinky Curly Curling Custard or Bee Mine Curly Butter, hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...