Monday, September 12, 2011

Ally's Boxbraids got a new look!

Ok, so I am very easily excited, what's wrong with that? Especially when my child's hair has never gracefully kept a hairstyle for more than a week and a half, and we are more than 2 weeks into a mini box braids style, and I am CERTAIN that I just bought myself another week with them...and Ally gets a completely new look! Plenty of reason for excitement there, right?
We went from this:

To this:


 

Here is what I did:
Ally's braids were already unravelling, her curls tend to dominate and take over any hairstyle. So I co-washed her hair with Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration, and squeezed out any excess water. Then I used Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie to get rid of any extra frizz. I started section by section, spreading the smoothie from root to end. Then I took about a quarter-sized dallop of the stuff and rubbed it over the top of her head, like I would if I were smoothing down a ponytail. I love this smoothie for her box braids, its like a FRIZZ BE GONE!

Next, I went back, and, section by section, unbraided all of her braids about halfway. Welcome back lovely curls! In the front of her head, I has to rebraid a few wayward braids, then I sprayed Organic's 'Nature's Shine' oil for braids all over her head, making sure to lift the braids so it could reach her scalp. Then I sectioned her hair into 4 parts, and cornbraided. (Sorry, no pictures of this.)  I had 2 braids going to the back and one to each side. She slept on her satin pillowcase,and in the morning, I unbraided her hair, fluffed it up a little, added a couple of clips, and voila!


All that body!

All those curls! :)

Ok, so the kid does not look too pleased. But thats because I was toturing her with the camera first thing in the am when she would rather be reading her Twilight books while she waits for her ride to come. But she loved the hair. Honestly. :)
                                                 

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the idea of taking the braids halfway out - besides looking great it means splitting mini box braid take-down into 2 (or more) sessions!! I'm excited too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...