Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Recipe: Kid-friendly breakfast smoothie

Actually, this can be enjoyed anytime. I call it a breakfast smoothie that's most often when we make ours. It's packed with do many vitamins and minerals that no matter when you drink it, you will always feel good about it. It also tastes 'deliciouso', as my kids like to say.


Here's the deal: I don't measure things. I am providing you with a recipe with approximate measurements, because I normally just throw a bunch of ingredients in the blender and blend away. The amazing thing is, there is no wrong way to make a smoothie. It's all about whatever tastes good to you and your family.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup 0%fat greet yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 large banana
7 or 8 large strawberries, frozen
Couple handfuls of blueberries (I'm talking Li'l Bit sized hands.)
Few splashes of water, or 100% fruit juice.

Don't be intimidated by the spinach...you won't really taste it. The secret is to blend the spinach on high with the yogurt and juice for several minutes until there are no spinach chunks left. I imagine chewing a spinach chunk would ruin the smoothie experience. Then add the rest of the ingredients, blend until combined and smooth, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...